Equine AlloMT Cell
The acronym “AlloMT Cell” stands for Allogenic (healthy donor derived) Mesenchymal Tissue Cells. Standardized mesenchymal cells packaged as “AlloMT Cell” are ready for transplantation. Cells prepared according to ISO9001:2008 certified InCell Ltd. proprietary technology are clinically tested and safe (Quality Control certificate).
Standardized and ready-to-use
AlloMT Cell transplantation material contains 10 millions of sterile allogenic equine mesenchymal tissue cells aseptically packaged into ready-to-use syringe. AlloMT Cell has been used for repeated transplantations since 2010; there have been no allergic reactions or cell related side effects observed after use for the first 70 transplantations. AlloMT Cell preparations have been supplied and used for cell transplantation procedures in seven European countries and also outside the EU.
Concept, design and development of AlloMT Cell combined the best available practice from human medical cell transplantations. Use of healthy young donor as mesenchymal cell source facilitates AlloMT Cell standardization, provides consistent quality and functionality of cells delivered for transplantation procedure. AlloMT Cell is prepared in batches and cryopreserved until transplantation procedure. Frozen cells will be shipped to customer on dry ice (-80C) via courier mail immediately after request.
Ultrasound diagnostic equipment is employed for AlloMT Cell transplantation procedure to estimate mesenchymal tissue injury size. Cell suspension volume for transplantation is adjusted for each individual case based on the extent of injury. Monthly ultrasound examinations are recommended to monitor progress of mesenchymal tissue regeneration and to adjust exercise schedule.
AlloMT Cell advantages
Allogenic, standardized and ready-to-use AlloMT Cell offers the following advantages:
- no invasive procedure required to obtain mesenchymal cells for individual horses
- healthy young donor derived cells used for AlloMT preparation
- highly homogenous equine mesenchymal cell population obtained due to proprietary cell sourcing and preparation technology
- immediate availability of cells for transplantation
To find out more about our treatments and order the product, please, get in touch with us:
Publications on equine mesenchymal cell transplantation
1. Isolation and implantation of autologous equine mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow into the superficial digital flexor tendon as a potential novel treatment. Smith RK et al. Equine Vet J. 2003
2. Monitoring the fate of autologous and allogeneic mesenchymal progenitor cells injected into the superficial digital flexor tendon of horses: preliminary study. Guest DJ et al. Equine Vet J. 2008
3. Implantation of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells demonstrates improved outcome in horses with overstrain injury of the superficial digital flexor tendon. Godwin EE et al. Equine Vet J. 2012
4. Tendon regeneration in human and equine athletes: Ubi Sumus-Quo Vadimus (where are we and where are we going to)? Spaas JH et al. Sports medicine. 2012
5. Beneficial effects of autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells in naturally occurring tendinopathy. Smith RK et al. PLoS One. 2013
6. Desmitis of the accessory ligament of the deep digital flexor tendon: a regenerative approach. Beerts C et al. Journal of Tissue Science & Engineering. 2013
Ltd “ND group” has concluded an agreement No. SKV-L-2016/573 in 14th July, 2016, with Investment and Development Agency of Latvia about receiving funding from activity “Promotion of international competitiveness”, which is co-financed by European Regional Development Fund.
Disclaimer: AlloMT Cell is not a medicinal product* or a veterinary drug. AlloMT Cell contains unmodified sterile equine mesenchymal tissue cells only for transplantation in horses.